AFL Victoria has released its fixture for the 2019 WorkSafe AFL Victoria Community Championships which will see three leagues in the Geelong region play home games on May 18.
The top ranked match in game one between Victoria’s metropolitan Northern Football Netball League and country Victoria’s Geelong Football League is set to be a nailbiter, re-igniting competition to decide which football region is the state’s best.
Season 2019 will mark the fourth consecutive year of the WorkSafe AFL Victoria Community Championships, with 30 community footy clubs signing up to take the title.
AFL Victoria community football and development manager Stephen O’Donohue said the 2019 competition would once again be a great opportunity for grassroots footballers across the state.
“The 2019 WorkSafe AFL Victoria Community Championships promises to be another exciting event on the community football calendar.
“As per each season, all leagues have the ability to opt in to participate in the competition, and as long as the desire to play representative football is still present, the opportunity to compete against the best senior players in community football will be available.”
Venues and timetables for the 15 matches will be
announced early next year.
• Game 1 Northern FNL v Geelong FNL (Geelong)
• Game 2 Ovens & Murray FL v MPNFL (MPNFL)
• Game 3 Goulburn Valley L v Western Region FL
• Game 4 Hampden FNL v Ballarat FNL (Ballarat)
• Game 5 Outer East FNL v Bendigo FNL
• Game 6 Gippsland FNL v Central Murray FNL
• Game 7 Murray FL v Wimmera FL (Murray)
• Game 8 Bellarine FNL v Geelong DFL (Bellarine)
• Game 9 Sunraysia FL v Heathcote DFNL
• Game 10 Southern FNL v Riddell DFL (Riddell)
• Game 11 North Central FNL v CHFL (CHFL)
• Game 12 West Gippsland FNC v Ellinbank
• Game 13 MCDFNL v Colac DFNL (MCDFNL)
• Game 14 Horsham DFL v Loddon Valley FL
• Game 15 Kyabram DFNL v Golden Rivers FL