THE finale of the Fishos Paddle Series – now officially known as the Victorian Ocean Racing Series Championships, wrapped up on Friday night in fading light, breaking waves and big smiles.
It was an epic last race with a fantastic course out to Point Danger back around to Whites Beach before finishing at Fishermans Beach.
With pumping waves all along the Surf Coast this week the course got competitors very excited having to deal with some cracking waves off Point Danger.
Interstate competitor Joel Savage, down from Townsville, thought he was on a winner until he met the Point Danger reef! He totalled his boat and let off a flare causing the most excitement of the series with the IRB bringing him safety to shore still smiling.
Series organisers would like to thank the sponsors who made it possible to crown the new Victorian champions.
Lornesurf, Oceanpaddler, Vaikobi, Charger Surfcraft, Peachs Torquay, Go Ride A Wave, Ocean & Earth, Mockepaddling, Torquay Surf Academy, Fishos Torquay, Modom, Torquay Bowls Club, RACV Torquay Resort, Nalu Surf and Bunnings Torquay.
The new Victorian Ocean Racing Series Champions are:
- 5km open women’s ski Ash Bohan
- 5km open men’s ski Cam Shakespeare
- 5km open prone Sean Rielly
- 10km U18 female ski Izzy Jones and Briely Wright
- 10km open female Brea Roadley
- 10km U18 male ski Seamus Spanner
- 10km open male ski Ivor Morgan
- 10km 40+ male Ivor Morgan
- 10km 50+ male Bill Strachan
- 10km prone U18 Jolyon Simpson
- 10km prone open Ollie Watson
- 10km sup Glenn Morgan