The Bellarine Railway is a not-for-profit organisation offering steam train rides, train driver experiences, charters, as well as family events and specials such as Day Out With Thomas weekends, Halloween and Santa Trains.
The railway has been maintained by dedicated volunteers since 1979 and features a unique collection of heritage locomotives and carriages from around Australia. New volunteers are always welcome.
Heritage Train Service
Take a scenic journey from Queenscliff to Drysdale or Lakers Siding, traveling alongside Swan Bay and through remnant bush.
• Trains depart from Queenscliff and Drysdale stations, on most Sundays throughout the year, as well as Tuesday and Thursday in the Easter, July and September school holidays. During the summer holidays, extra train running days will be scheduled.
• Private carriage hire is ideal for birthdays and groups of 20+ – bookings are essential.
• Cycle or walk beside an operating railway from Drysdale to Queenscliff and return onboard our carriages. Bikes are carried free and group bookings are advised.
Upcoming Family Specials and Events
• Super Hero Trains: 2 & 4 October
• Halloween Special: 28 October
• Santa Train Specials: 15-16 December Visit the website for more information and on-line bookings or call 5258 2069.
Personalised gift vouchers are available for all services, experiences and events.
See bellarinerailway.com.au and facebook.com/TheBellarineRailway.
The railway has been maintained by dedicated volunteers since 1979 and features a unique collection of heritage locomotives and carriages.